Can you all believe it? 2019. I’m unsure of how I find myself shocked that its come so quickly, but here we are.
First things first, I’d like to thank all of you for reading, for following me, and for your fantastic comments and insight. Y’all are so lovely!
Second things second, I’m not a big one on resolutions so you’ll not find any here. But I am (very) into lists- they keep me on track and help me mentally sort out what needs doing, what the priorities are, and how I need to prepare. My list for 2019 isn’t complete and it will most certainly change, but for now it looks something like this:
2019 Garden To Do List
- Finish planting up (and edging) the new bed in the Dry Cottage Garden
- Revamp the Potager plantings to include greens, herbs and flowers, add in a statue or obelisk for a focal point
- Remove the Lamb’s Ear from the Half Moon Garden, reconsider the flagging Oregon Boxwood Hedge
- Finish planting the empty pair of beds in the West Garden
- Fill out the thin spots in both the East and West Gardens
- Grow some cutting flowers in the Nursery Bed
- Reconfigure the gate on the Greenhouse side of the Veg Garden fence
- Finish weeding out the Quackgrass and mulch (with stone) the Bayberry hedge along the driveway
- Restain the wood fencing
- Plant more native flowers on the hillside to improve color and interest
That ought to do for now. Its a deceptively short list, but much fun will be had at local nurseries rounding up plants to fill in those beds.
Lastly, I’d like to try doing some videos next year… this won’t turn into a YouTube channel and I won’t stop writing in favor of videos, but its a new challenge and I think it will be a great way to supplement the blog. I hope you are as excited for 2019 as I am!
Happy New Year!